Followers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Chennai sans Hoardings!

I was pleasantly surprised when I returned in the first week of June after a two-month holiday in the US. The ugly and huge hoardings which were part and parcel of Chennai's skyline had all disappeared! One could now actually see the old massive trees in front of some buildings. Of course, most of them have been chopped mercilessly to make the hoardings more visible.But I am reaaly happy that the Corporation of Chennai is at last pulling up its socks and doing some work. In the past, all the local politicians always used to go on harping about making Chennai a world-class city, but nobody actually did anything. I feel the present Corporation Commissioner and the Mayor are coperating well, and doing something concrete for the city. Though I feel happy that the hoardings have all gone, my teenage daughter disagrees.She actually missses them, saying that they used to add color and life to the city. I am not sure whether all the younger lot feel the same way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hoarding advertising provides a boundless range of improvement as compared to other advertising mediums. The brand message conveyed through OOH media is also clutter-free.
Hoardings Agency across India